Hernando Cortes

Most thug Conquistador ever. (period)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dona Marina/La Malinche

April 13, 1519
God truly has laid his eyes upon me today. Before me in this morning was the most striking woman who I had ever laid eyes on. After the battle at Cintla, the Tabascans swore allegiance to the Spanish and to Charles V, as well as gave our crew 20 women. Of those mistresses, there was but one who truly stood out. They called her Malinaltzin. Originally, I was to present this fine mistress to Alonzo Hernando Puertocarrero, but he was made for the palace of Charles V, and I decided I would then have her. The ways her looks and elegance work together just take my breath away. They are enough to knock the queen from her feet. His Excellency, Charles V, might have to look again to see her beauty in it’s fullness. I am so lucky to find one as beautiful as her. Praise be to God.

No comments: