Hernando Cortes

Most thug Conquistador ever. (period)

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tenochtitlan

November 20, 1519

When we first arrived at Tenochtitlan Its scale dazed us. Its monumental temples and buildings were astonishing. I could not wait to conquer it! The city was in the center of a lake and surrounded by water only connected to the main land by several causeways. Me and my men approached on the main bridge and were met by a procession of Aztecs shielding Montezuma from us. He then came forth as I presented him with a glass necklace as a gift. After I had a small conversation with him dealing with our presence in the city he bought us into his palace. He graciously lend ed him his palace as long as we were in his city. At this point I wondered, if getting into the city was so easy then taking over the empire would be hardly difficult. I crafted a knavish plan in which i invited Montezuma to come and speak about the tax collector murders which were perpetrated against us. Astonishingly enough he came and we quickly seized him and held him hostage. Now the empire belonged to us, it was far too easy.

No comments: