Hernando Cortes

Most thug Conquistador ever. (period)

Monday, May 21, 2007

Raid on Narvaez

May 30, 1520

Last night, what a great success! Finally after many months of this servant of the Governor, the hunt has come to an end. Narvaez, a peon of the Governor was sent after me and accused me of crimes against the crown. Blasphemy! I should not be upset, for it no longer matters. I left my trusted lieutenant Alverado and I stormed his camp last night in a swift and decisive action. The fool had let himself become open and we knew where he was. I had planned a daring raid in the middle of the night to capture Narvaez and his men. Then it struck me. If they cant beat us, then I will make them join us. I drew his men onto my side with the prospect of Aztec gold. Now my forces have bolstered in size. with over 1000 men, and a hundred horses, and a huge amount of guns and weapons, I am ready to ready to Tenochitlan.

No comments: